I have some exciting news to share with all of you in my upcoming blog post, but before I get around to that, I wanted to share my (realistic) summer bucket list in hopes of inspiring those of you who have been pushing your list to the back burner thinking you've still got a lot more summer left. If you weren't already aware, we've officially walked into August!
I’ve always made fun little notes on my phone of all the things I’ve hoped to accomplish. But, this year I’ve made a more conscious effort to really get things done. Bruce Peninsula National Park has been on my to-do for years, and I’m happy to report that it was one of the first things I successfully crossed off my list this summer!
1.Friday Night DIY Party: My favourite kind of Fridays are the ones spent in PJs watching 90s throwbacks. For the past two summers, I have been working at a summer camp which has reignited the crafter in me. I’ve always thought about how fun it’d be to invite some of my favourite ladies for a slumber party filled with wine, melt beads, and boondoggle. I really can’t think of a better way to spend a Friday night! Can you? Call me boring, but I know you'd love it too.
2. Hosting A (Pinterest Worthy) Picnic: Looking for picnic inspirations has become a slight obsession of mine. For years I've been talking about hosting a picnic for a large group of friends, but have failed to take any steps in making it happen. Guess what you guys, I’m FINALLY hosting that picnic!!!! Now, let’s just hope it doesn’t rain on Saturday…
3. Sunflower Garden: I love sunflowers, and have made it a personal mission to find a sunflower maze close to Toronto. We’ll see how that goes. Last year I wrote down Terre Bleu, a lavender garden in Milton. If the sunflower garden falls through, perhaps Terre Bleu will be a nice little backup.
4. DIY Popsicles: No one said everything on your bucket list has to be over the top. I bought these popsicle molds from Davids Tea about a year ago and I have yet to use them. I’m hoping to make a few delicious concoctions of my own before the weather gets cold again! First up, a blueberry greek yogurt inspired popsicle with a hint of honey and lemon!
5. Explore More of Canada: This has/ and will be an ongoing wish of mine, but this summer I officially got to cross off Vancouver, British Columbia! The west coast has fallen through so many times, I was beginning to wonder whether I'd ever make it out there. I've come to learn that there is so much of Canada I have yet to discover and I have no excuse not to start with Ontario! Although travelling across Canada can be expensive, there's no reason to use that as an excuse into talking myself out of adventures closer to home.
6.Space Vintage: Space Vintage, in Kensington Market, is a vintage dress studio I’ve been meaning to check out. The thrifter in me is itching to find a 'new' vintage piece.
7. Float Toronto: I’m really hoping I can schedule in a float at some point this month. I have heard so many great things about Float Toronto, and Restricted Environmental Stimulation Therapy. My inner mermaid is so intrigued by float tanks and I can’t wait to give it a try!
8. Capsule Wardrobe: I'm trying really hard to SIGNIFICANTLY cut down on my wardrobe by the end of this summer. I'm looking into capsule wardrobes from UnCo., a responsible and ethical fashion company right here in Toronto!
A 24 year old Canadian living (& teaching) in Shenzhen, China.